For YOUR COMMUNITY
- $15,000 community benefit fund
- 6 permanent full-time staff who all live in the surrounding community
- Ongoing opportunities for local businesses to support and work on the project through operations
- Agrisolar partnerships with local landowners
Impact on Victoria’s economy while it was being built
Impact on Victoria’s economy now it’s operating
During construction there were over 300 jobs created.
Major subcontracts awarded to local suppliers:
- Apex – earthmoving
- BPS – civil
- Watters – electrical
- Cardwells -transport
Watters had 100 local workers on site at peak and 20 apprentices
Rich River Piling had 12 local staff and took on 12 additional trades assistants
Manager Construction & Assets
Moira Shire Council
community benefits FUND
The Community Benefit Sharing Program provides significant, meaningful benefits to communities around the Numurkah Solar Farm.
Numurkah Solar Farm has a $15,000 annual Community Benefit Fund. It provides grants to local community groups.
This video shows how another Neoen project, Bulgana Green Power Hub in Victoria, funds community projects.
APPLY FOR A GRANT
- Check that you meet one of the Community Growth Focus Areas
- Download an application form. Application forms will be available beginning 1 July 2020.
- Complete and submit your application before 1 September 2020. Unfortunately, we cannot accept late applications
- The Community Benefit Fund Committee will assess your application and tell you what they decide
- When your grant project is complete, you must give us a report. The report needs to include project highlights, photos and/or media, and a grant acquittal which details how you spent the funds.