FOR YOUR COMMUNITY
- $15,000 community benefit fund
- 6 permanent full-time staff who all live in the surrounding community
- Ongoing opportunities for local businesses to support and work on the project through operations
- Agrisolar partnerships with local landowners
Numurkah Solar Farm has been a terrific opportunity for the local community. It also prepares people & business for future projects that come along in the region – they know what to expect.
Manager Construction & Assets
Moira Shire Council
COMMUNITY BENEFITS FUND
The Community Benefit Sharing Program provides significant, meaningful benefits to communities around the Numurkah Solar Farm.
Numurkah Solar Farm has a $15,000 annual Community Benefit Fund. It provides grants to local community groups.
This video shows how another Neoen project, Bulgana Green Power Hub in Victoria, funds community projects.
APPLY FOR A GRANT
- Check that you meet one of the Community Growth Focus Areas (see below)
- the 2023 Community Grants Program is open to applications from Tuesday, 1 August 2023 to Friday, 15 September 2023. Unfortunately, we cannot accept late applications.
- Applications are completed online, and manged by the Community Enterprise Foundation. CLICK HERE TO APPLY!
- The Community Benefit Fund Committee will assess your application and tell you what they decide.
- When your grant project is complete, you must give us a report. The report needs to include project highlights, photos and/or media, and a grant acquittal which details how you spent the funds.
COMMUNITY GROWTH FOCUS AREAS
PREVIOUS GRANT RECIPIENTS
- Wunghnu District Voice: BBQ trailer for community events
- Numurkah Historical Society: Signage and display layout for outdoor display areas
- Moira Minature Rail: Finish equipping the machineshop / workshop at Wunghnu
- Numurkah Uniting Church: Installation of solar panels
- Wunghnu Bowls Club: Repair of the player and spectator shelter
- Rotary club of Numurkah: Installation of picnic and seating areas at the Numurkah outdoor pool
- Baulkhmaugh Scout Group: Purchase of new kayaks
- Moira Miniature Rail: Installation of a passenger shelter at the miniature train station