For YOUR COMMUNITY
- $15,000 community benefit fund
- 6 permanent full-time staff who all live in the surrounding community
- Ongoing opportunities for local businesses to support and work on the project through operations
- Agrisolar partnerships with local landowners
During construction there were over 300 jobs created.
Major subcontracts awarded to local suppliers:
- Apex – earthmoving
- BPS – civil
- Watters – electrical
- Cardwells -transport
Watters had 100 local workers on site at peak and 20 apprentices
Rich River Piling had 12 local staff and took on 12 additional trades assistants
Manager Construction & Assets
Moira Shire Council
community benefits FUND
The Community Benefit Sharing Program provides significant, meaningful benefits to communities around the Numurkah Solar Farm.
Numurkah Solar Farm has a $15,000 annual Community Benefit Fund. It provides grants to local community groups.
This video shows how another Neoen project, Bulgana Green Power Hub in Victoria, funds community projects.
APPLY FOR A GRANT
- Check that you meet one of the Community Growth Focus Areas
- Download an application form. Application forms will be available beginning 1 July 2020.
- Complete and submit your application before 1 September 2020. Unfortunately, we cannot accept late applications
- The Community Benefit Fund Committee will assess your application and tell you what they decide
- When your grant project is complete, you must give us a report. The report needs to include project highlights, photos and/or media, and a grant acquittal which details how you spent the funds.